Sunday, October 20, 2013

life on the move

      Not really a whole lot has happened since my last post. I feel like we are stuck in the middle of moving. Because of some unforeseen circumstances it looks like we'll be here until may. :(  Not really our plan, but we feel confident that things will work out. 

     we are getting ready for Halloween.   Alex is going to be Clark Kent and Superman, like he's in the middle of changing.  Paige is going to be a bumblebee.   Elijah is going to be Batman. Isaac is going to be Robin.  Brett and I are going to be villains.  I have made most of their costumes. I really like homemade costumes. I think they look way cuter than store bought. Plus I try to make them around regular clothes so it's also warmer and much more comfortable.  for a bonus it also ends up cheaper I spent about $60 on four full costumes.  (Brett and I are just wearing masks.)

    when I was pregnant with Isaac my hands swelled up over night.  I had to have my wedding ring cut off. I had exhausted all other options and it was cutting into my finger.  this last weekend I was able to get it fixed. I am so happy to have my ring back on my finger.

    here's a quick update with how all the kids are doing:

Alex: he is in third grade and doing so well.  he is playing soccer again. he has high hopes for football but we'll have to see.  It makes me a little nervous. his sugar numbers have gotten a lot better with the pump.  he is learning to read food labels properly so that he can have a snack whenever.

Paige: She started kindergarten this year. she has the same teacher Alex had which I am super happy with. She is an amazing teacher.  She is still in dance and she absolutely loves it.   She loves drawing and performing (aka being center of attention).  She tells us that she wants to be a news reporter when she grows up.:)

Elijah: He is almost 3. We started potty training again because last time it just wasn't going well. I am glad we waited.  He is doing really well. I am hoping to start a little preschool with him soon I wanted to start when the older two started school but my plans didn't go well.  I will probably just do one or two days a week.

Isaac: He has so much energy. He just wants to explore everything he's not supposed to touch. He has definitely been keeping us on our toes.  He is so cute getting older.  He has started to play more with the kids. oh and we got a cat Paige named him Tom (as in Tom and Jerry).  Isaac absolutely loves him he likes to pick him up any time we go out. he even feeds him if his food dish is empty.  it's so cute.

pics:  Isaac in the swing. Elijah with the bandages he insisted he needed for nothing. Paige at the skate park. Alex in some new school clothes.

No comments: